The key to long-term performance.
Achieve a trouble-free install by properly preparing your subfloor. It’s what you don’t see, that makes the difference.
Your finished floor only looks and performs as well as the sub-floor it’s installed over.
That means there’s no better way to start a project than with proper floor preparation. Our concrete preparation service includes restoring or improving floor serviceability. We work with great precision because we know that even the smallest details matter.
The benefits of floor preparation
- The mirroring of concrete irregularities through the floor covering, ruining the appearance and performance of the finished floor.
- Inconsistent bonding to the subfloor, causing the floor to bubble, crack or delaminate.
- Excessive wear caused by uneven subfloors, cracks or high spots.
- Poor transitions between different flooring products that cause trip hazards or do not meet standards.
- Voiding your warranty because you don’t meet manufacturer-specified flatness requirements.
- Self Leveling
- Anti-fracture membranes
- Expansion Joints
- Mud bed
- All schluter systems product installation
Feather finishing is a patch and skim coat used to create a smooth, finished surface on the concrete. It also creates a secure bond between the finished product and substrate.
Trowelable floor patches are used to smooth out the areas between low and high spots. Floor patching is also used for filling minor cracks and holes, or creating an appropriate slope between materials of different thicknesses.
A proper application of self-leveling underlayment is key to the success of any flooring project. Self-leveling concrete creates a flat and smooth surface with superior, compressive strength. The overall aesthetic appearance is greatly improved when used under resilient floors. For highly technical environments self-leveling products must be used to ensure that the finished floor meets height, level and flatness specifications required for certain equipment operation.
Grinding corrects irregularities in concrete such as faulting and roughness and opens the concrete pores to improve the surface for better bonding and absorption.